Monday, December 3, 2007

Change of subject

[Cc'ed Jenn and the blog]
 
Hey, sorry to change the subject, but I just noticed a song lyric: it seems the Egyptians believed in a god named Amun, the "Father of the Gods." When I heard this in the song lyric, I thought they said "Ahman," which caught my attention pretty quick because that's the name of the Father in Adamaic. (Jesus is "Son Ahman." See D&C 78:20 and 95:17.) It's still pronounced the same, even if the spelling is different. Anyway, it could be coincidence, but they were taught by Abraham... it's an interesting datum.
 
-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the power and light of truth of the Holy Ghost, although he may often be left to his own spirit and judgment." --Joseph F. Smith (manual, p. 69)

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I had a similar experience recently when listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's rendition of Handel's "Hallelujah, Amen" from Judas Maccabeus. When I first heard it, I mistook "Amen" for "Ahman." You can check out the music at:

Hallelujah , Amen