Friday, November 1, 2013

Irony

This exchange with Richard Dawkins strikes me as incredibly ironic. (http://www.newstatesman.com/science/2013/10/richard-dawkins-interview-pope-francis-poetry-and-why-jews-win-so-many-nobel-prizes)

IC: One problem with these Darwinian explanations, however convincing they are, is that they aren't really falsifiable.

RD: That is a very common criticism, and it's probably a valid one. That doesn't mean they're wrong, of course. I think from my point of view—I won't say it doesn't matter whether they're right or wrong, it's just sufficient in some cases, for me, to be able to say, Well, at least it's not totally implausible from a Darwinian point of view.

--
Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.
Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.
Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.
Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.

I could not love thee, dear, so much,
Loved I not Honor more.

No comments: