Tuesday, February 9, 2016

On Racism in America

Suddenly I understand why Ta-Nehisi Coates has fans. So THAT's what Critical Race Theory is!

From comments on http://heterodoxacademy.org/2016/02/03/antiracism/

'In truth the Golden Calf of AR which is now worshiped, fatted calf and all, has little to do with actual Racism ("The belief that all members of a given race possess characteristics specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior") and much to do, instead, with Progressively Mythological Racism or, by another name, Critical Race Theory. This, of course, would be the sacred & unquestioned belief that every social/political/economic/cultural structure within Western Civilization (particularly as expressed within the United States) is fatally flawed/infected with Anti-Blackism.'

-B.C.

--
If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.

I could not love thee, dear, so much,
Loved I not Honor more.

No comments: