Friday, March 18, 2016

Election 2016

I guess I might as well show my hand RE: the 2016 election.

I disavow all candidates from both parties, Republican and Democrat. I considered Cruz for a while but I currently don't feel comfortable with him as a potential leader--too divisive.

From my perspective, the American Republic is (nearly) as dead as the Roman Republic. We're beginning the Empire phase now and the Constitution has pretty much done its job and is on its way out. I've already done my mourning over that over the course of the last decade or so, and now I'm viewing this election as a spectator. I was born in America and I think I may yet live to see her die. In some ways she has already.

But Christ was born to raise the dead.

--
If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.

I could not love thee, dear, so much,
Loved I not Honor more.

No comments: