Monday, December 15, 2008

Choice and Parenthood

http://dir.salon.com/mwt/feature/2003/05/06/breeding/index2.html

For all the truth about the innate physiological rewards of mothering, he says, "The happy people are the ones who wanted kids and had them or didn't want kids and didn't have them.'

I have my doubts about the biases of the writer, but this statement rings true to me. Marriage, and raising a family, is a lot of work; it helps to know what you're getting into, and if you don't want it that much you're better off not starting. (c.f. Luke 14:28-30)

-Max

-- "The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the power and light of truth of the Holy Ghost, although he may often be left to his own spirit and judgment." --Joseph F. Smith (manual, p. 69)

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

No comments: