Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Barges: Why Two Holes?

[Sorry for including so many people--I started out with just a couple but I wasn't sure who all wouldn't be interested.]
 
Why did the Brother of Jared's barge have two holes instead of one? According to this video demonstration, one hole on top is insufficient to vent bad air, but the hole in the bottom combines with wave action to pump bad air out through the top hole. What do you think, is that correct? I don't know enough math to crank the numbers to see how much efficiency you gain, but it seems a plausibly good idea to me.
 
-M.

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the power and light of truth of the Holy Ghost, although he may often be left to his own spirit and judgment." --Joseph F. Smith (manual, p. 69)

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

No comments: