Monday, June 29, 2009

Climate change costs

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html

"The reality is that cost estimates for climate legislation are as unreliable as the models predicting climate change."

An interesting point, and one I hadn't thought of. Of course it cuts both ways, especially for someone as economically ignorant as me, so my takeaway may be rather different than what the author intended. I guess I'm acquiring more epistemological humility as I get older[1].

-Max

[1] Losing arguments with K. probably doesn't hurt that process either. And yes, it is possible to lose an argument with someone you haven't seen in years, if you can remember what they used to tell you.

--
Rock Is Dead. Long Live Scissors!

"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the power and light of truth of the Holy Ghost, although he may often be left to his own spirit and judgment." --Joseph F. Smith (manual, p. 69)

No comments: