Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Notes from Eugenio and Wang

Quick notes:

Saber parry: from elbow, fairly late, fairly low on blade or guard to prevent whip-around
Saber lunge: rear leg to front arm, diagonal power. DON'T LEAN or twist body--it shortens reach. Don't lead with head--it telegraphs intention and gives you less time to respond w/ bladework. Know my lunge distance--it's further than I think.

Epee: use elevation of bell guard to protect arm while extending. Depends on height of opponent.
Epee: fully extend during hand peck. On second intention remise to body, don't pull hand back, just redirect slightly with fingers.
Lunge: don't overbalance forward. Weight should not be 80% in front of knee, because that makes it too hard to retreat if I missed on lunge.

--
Hahahahaaaa!!! That is ME laughing at YOU, cruel world.
    -Jordan Rixon

I could not love thee, dear, so much,
Loved I not Honour more.

No comments: