Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Stupor of Thought

"But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right. But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong."

One thing you need to know about the Holy Ghost in order to understand revelation is that God is never, ever pedantic in his corrections. He will never tell you you're wrong in an minor detail that you weren't intending to ask about. This is why the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon has grammatical errors, and this is (one reason) why even plans you've made with inspired guidance need course corrections over time. If you're on the right track, the Holy Ghost will tell you to move forward even if you're 10 or 15 degrees off at first.

--
If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.

I could not love thee, dear, so much,
Loved I not Honor more.

No comments: