Monday, September 26, 2016

Serpents and symbols

This article about serpents (messengers of the gods, some false, some true) may interest you. I thought I originally read about it in the Ensign but right now I can only find a BYU publication by Andrew Skinner on the topic.

If serpents can represent either a true Messiah or a false Messiah, that also lends an additional pleasing symbolic message to the way Moses' stick-cum-serpent ate the magicians' sticks-cum-serpents.

-Max

--
If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.

"Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else."

No comments: