Friday, April 27, 2018

Black Panther movie

I just realized one of the reasons I didn't enjoy Black Panther very much. Movies about fighting for its own sake bore me, and Black Panther was set up as a movie about who gains political control of a country whose system of government centers on who can beat whom in a fight. There were a lot of fights during the movie, most of which didn't accomplish anything, and then the dramatic question ("Who will retain control of the country?") was resolved in a fistfight, because of course it had to be, since that was how the country's rules were set up.

No wonder I didn't really connect with it emotionally as much as I was hoping to.

~B.C.

--
If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.

"Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else."

No comments: