Friday, April 13, 2018

When Upon Life's Billows: Counting My Blessings

Money can't buy happiness but a lack of money can sure buy insecurity, especially if you have no family and no friends with money. I've been really poor but I'm not any more, and I have to admit that I really enjoy not being poor.

I was talking to someone the other day about social capital and how nerve-wracking it must be to be the first one in your family to ever go to college, and have to learn the ropes on your own. (How do you get a job? How do you afford tuition? What happens if you're struggling in a class? Etc.)

Anyway, I feel very lucky to be as comfortable as I am. I'm grateful to Heavenly Father for giving me opportunities. I am waaaaay more comfortable living among human beings this way than I would be living on my own on a desert island with whatever furniture I could carve out of coconuts.

~B.C.

--
If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.

"Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else."

No comments: