Thursday, March 21, 2019

Priorities

March 21, 2019

My thought process today after work:

I want to play Dominions 5, but I'm trying to cut down on screen time for my own sake and the kids' sake, so... I could go to the temple!

But wait, I think I'm almost out of clean church shirts. It's still early in the evening, so maybe I have time to do a load in the washer and dryer and be at the temple by 7:30. But I know realistically that if I try that, it will take twice as long as I expect, so maybe I should just go tomorrow (oh, I'm busy) or some other day--

Then my left brain said, "...wait. This is stupid, Max. Heavenly Father cares more that you do the right thing and help some people receive their saving ordinances today when you've got the chance than he does about whether your church shirt has some dried sweat on the neck. Go to the temple first, and do your laundry some other day."

Good point Dante! So let it be written. (So let it be done.)

-Max

 --

I could not love thee dear, so much,
Loved I not honor more.

No comments: